Friday 15 March 2013

Australia Post lost my book

I ordered this book online the other day:


Was going through my emails yesterday and noticed that I'd been sent tracking emails of the parcel telling me where it was. One of them said it was in transit on the Australia Post truck, and another that it had been delivered 20 minutes before. So I went out the front to get it.

Nothing. Have bought off this place before and the books get sent out via Australia Post as an "eparcel" and they've left it just at the front door if no one is home. This time nobody knocked or anything. 

So I rang the company I bought it off and explained the situation. The company then rang the Australia Post sorting centre who informed them that nothing could be done unless it hadn't arrived by the next day. 

It hasn't. So I rang the company again and and explained the situation again, this morning. They then rang the Australia Post sorting centre again, who have now "launched an investigation" into WTF happened to it, of which usually takes "2 or 3 days". So I said I'd ring the company back in 3 days if I'd heard nothing by then to see WTF is going on.

I have a pretty good idea. A few weeks back I was delivered a parcel at the front door that wasn't mine; it was for a place two blocks from here. I just took it down there and delivered it myself to the correct address when I went to the bus stop. But the address on it wasn't even mine, it was theirs. The street number didn't look anything like mine. It'd been delivered to the wrong address. I've got a feeling my parcel has suffered a similar fate.

Australia Post uses contractors for it's eparcel service I'm told.

No comments:

Post a Comment