Friday 8 September 2017

How to use a mailbox - explainer video :)

Abbott attempts to send email, reverts to Australia Post
This is for people born after 1990. It may be for people like me too who can't remember the last time we used one. Seriously, there's not a stamp in the house (those sticky things that you pay for and stick on the corner of an envelope) although I do have some envelopes for emergencies. All the bills are paid online and we don't get paper bills anymore. I have some old ones from years ago stuffed in a drawer which I need to throw out but haven't got around to it. Payment history is all online anyway going back years.

The printers will be happy. Millions of letters. Fuck, what about the forests? Never mind, they'll probably use cheap imported paper. Wouldn't like to be working on the shop floor under that sort of pressure, and I do know what it's like after 30 years in printing. Impossible deadlines and expected to work until you just about drop. No wonder I couldn't do it anymore.

Actually I think a postal thing really suits this gov. It's about where their mentality is with technology.

So for the 65,000 newly enrolled young people who may well not have posted a letter in their lives, here is an explainer video giving specific instructions on how to use a letterbox. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment