Saturday 9 September 2017

Liberals, the party of hate - we will never forget


Council elections. Don't you just love them? Nobody gives a shit about who's in the local council, but as voting is compulsory in Australia you have to vote. Otherwise get fined about $50. I myself was fined a few years back when I completely forgot to vote in a meaningless council election.

So I walked across the road to the voting place in the school. I was fuckin fuming, as the irony of it all did not escape me. Here I was dragged out of the house to vote in an election fuck all people cared about, whilst David and I's human rights were being put in the hands of a non-compulsory non-binding snail mail letter with Australia Post. 

Australia Post BTW has a reputation for losing mail. Recently I ordered something overseas (a small HDMI to AV audio splitter that gives us audio through our old piece of crap stereo thing) as the price was much cheaper online than locally. It was about $60 to by it within Australia and few places even had it here, even looking online. The overseas one from Asia was about $20.

It never arrived. After complaining to the seller they sent another one, which also never arrived. The seller refunded my money with much apologies but it wasn't their fault. I eventually ordered one with a seller based in the US. Third time lucky and that one got here.

My point is that Australia Post is bloody hopeless. I'll never forget the time when they sent David's birth certificate back (we needed it for ID at Centrelink) because it was "undeliverable"; ie they couldn't find the address. I stood in the post office saying I've lived there for 8 years (at the time) and how the hell could they not know where I live? Fuckin hopeless. We had to urgently order another birth certificate for David so he could get some money coming in. 

So now David's and I's human rights are in the hands of Australia Post.

So, fuming, I had a bit of a rave to the volunteers at the gate going in to the polling place today. There was one Labor bloke, one independent, and two bloody Lieberals. I went and voted still fuming whilst they crossed my name off the list. I was still fuming as I put a 1 for the Greens and a 2 for Labor, above the line. I left the place positively enraged.

As I got to the gate I could hold back no more. Addressing the two Liberal volunteers I said "We gays will never forget what you've done to us. Liberals! Assholes!". All four of them looked rather shocked as I walked off. I didn't give a fuck. 

Liberal is now the party of hate. How anyone could even volunteer and be a part of an organisation of such cruelty beggars belief. We will never forget what they have done to us, for no good reason. To solve their own internal divisions at our expense, not giving a fuck about how much they would hurt us in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment