Saturday 23 September 2017

Tough week


This time last Saturday I was being carted off to Emergency in agony, the pain on the left side of my stomach and shooting up to my shoulder was unbearable. I gave it a ten out of ten on the pain scale. 

I was home later that night as they'd settled the pain with some super stomach medicine and they gave me an outside prescription so I could take more stuff at home for it. In hindsight I probably should have stayed in overnight as they gave that option, but I just hate being in hospital.

Anyway the pain is still there now in my stomach but much less. Panadole helps it a lot. I tried taking the pills prescribed from the hospital but for some reason they kept me awake and almost speeding, and the symptoms I experienced on the Maraviroc came back; weak and sore muscles, couldn't walk any distance without being out of breath and so weak I'd have to sit down for a bit. Ended up stopping the tablets and it was like coming down FFS. The next day I slept 16 hours straight, just couldn't wake up.

Am due to see my HIV GP anyway so will discuss all this with him. He wants a blood test to see how the switch to the new HIV meds is going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment